FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgrading in DOH
View Single Post
Old Jan 21, 2017, 3:48 am
obduro

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by Dschaimz
The agent is right in one point, they can not process the upgrade on the phone, because you would need to upgrade both legs, which is not possible due to the lack of F on your first leg. The agents on the phone can not see a price or do anything to help you.

You can however upgrade a single leg on the phone if you use Qmiles/Qcredits (have done this successfully on both routes mentioned above). So there is no chance on the phone with cash. Good luck in Doha though, I would recommend planning plenty of time and keeping cool until they find a responsible person who is willing to help...
I don't have miles with the QR scheme so it's not an option for me unfortunately. They were also able to give me a price on the phone previously when I asked about upgrading one leg.

I would look at buying QMiles and upgrading as an option but (1) I think you have to earn a mile or two first before you can use it to upgrade, (2) the availability issue and (3) would I then be able to credit the flight to BAEC for TP and Avios after upgrading with QR? Not likely!