FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex Plat UK travel insurance questions
View Single Post
Old Jan 20, 2017, 8:42 am
botham

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
Amex Plat UK travel insurance questions

I have always received excellent service from Amex, but this week I had a problem and my opinion has changed!

I have two l/h holidays booked using my AP card.

Last weekend, I was admitted to hospital and had an unforgettable experience. I have type 2 diabetes along with a few other nasties.

Once I had returned home and thought about the future, I wondered about the travel insurance and have spoken with AMEX a number of times and have been given significantly different information.

My thoughts when taking out an insurance policy would be that it would be valid, provided that the policyholder declared full facts when buying it, or in the case of AMEX, having a 'live' card and paying with it.

I now find out that unless a doctor deems me unfit to travel, I would then have the choice, but I wouldn't be covered for any illness related to Diabetes. If doctor deems me unfit to travel, AMEX would consider paying the cancellation bits.

I have tried to complain about my treatment over the phone and conflicting information given, but cannot find out how to this, apart from on social media.

I only found out the original information was false when I asked for it in writing, so please beware what they tell you.