FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - WorldMate is Being Discontinued
View Single Post
Old Jan 19, 2017, 6:01 am
gutzanu

I've been using WorldMate since 2008 and it was absolutely perfect for me - it was always accurate and prompt regarding flight delays (it even showed my canceled flight even 1hr before Austrian Airlines knew and could confirm it to me over the phone) AND it did a wonderful job regarding the email forwarding import function. I never could even imagine that there can be problems afterall with this... it could even handle my multi-flight and multi-reservation code bookings into one single trip without any problem (I didn't realize this could be a big deal ever since I started to look for alternatives!!!!).

All of the alternatives that I tried are poor...
-TripCase - too bulky for me, could not process all the STANDARD e-tickets from Amadeus and also many other known formats
-Kayak - lacks a lot of functions (airplane type etc); it messes up some airports in my reservations BUT it's a pretty app
-Tripit - does not import all my e-tickets correctly; is only able to have a reservation code for the whole trip; does not display all layovers (their customer support replied that a layover more than 4hrs is not considered a layover, that's why it's not displayed when I see my timeline (WorldMate had no problem in displaying these, even if it was a 24h+ layover)

Despite all the drawbacks I'm giving TripitPRO a try - it appears to be the only decent solution for now. Tripit is until now the best (or better said, the least worse) out of everything I have tried till now.

What other apps can be considered as real alternatives?

...and regarding exporting your history out of WorldMate - just email them and they'll send you a csv file with it