FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Your Emirates Skywards Questions Answered - 2017/2018
Old Jan 19, 2017, 5:18 am
eternaltransit

Originally Posted by RadioGirl
It's awfully quiet around here. Here's one for the gurus.

I'm planning my next trip to Europe. Using my favorite flights/schedule, the option with 3 EK legs and one QF leg (operated by EK as a QF code share) is $600 less than the same itinerary with all four flights under EK codes. So it would be EK/EK - two weeks at destination - QF/EK.

Of course I can earn FF points in either EK or QF on all these flights, but I'm more interested in tier miles (status credits in the QF system). I'll miss out on EK tier miles on the QF code-share, but is it possible to get the QF status credits for that flight? In short, can I assign my QF FF number to one flight and my Skywards number to the next? If I start with the Skywards number on the booking, fly to Europe, then change the FF number from Skywards to QF, fly the QF segment, and then in DXB (10 hrs), change it back to Skywards, will that work? Potential pitfalls? Any way to do this in advance rather than progressively?

For the return trip both BPs would show the QF number. As Silver I don't () have lounge access at the European port anyway, but at DXB I would need to get the number changed back to Skywards to get lounge access. Otherwise I think this would work.

Thoughts? Experiences? Funny stories?
Each sector is independent in terms of what you can put in the FQTV field, so you can chop and change. The only restriction is that QF/EK (EK more) is quite strict with not allowing double-dipping: if you want to use EK benefits, that code must be on the onward sector, etc. That even applies if you are QF Chairmans