FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]
View Single Post
Old Jan 18, 2017, 10:54 pm
notquiteaff
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
New hotel announced in the French Alps: http://newsroom.hyatt.com/011817-Hya...he-French-Alps

Speaks again of the "high-end high-value" customer Hyatt is striving for with WoH. While you are all focusing on HH/HP the Hyatt is bigger than that. Its like everyone on this thread thinks they have the plan, why not let Hyatt executives take their vision forward and I'll vote with my wallet in 2017 and assess whether I continue while you all jump to SPG-Marriott only to start the parallel thread this time next year when their program changes over to devalue and remove the 25 stay crowd. Fickle is as fickle does.
I definitely will let them execute their vision. I am not a shareholder and not even a Diamond (humble Explorist in a few months). I am a free agent with little to lose here. But as an observer of the loyalty and travel market I find this switch very fascinating... kind of like a slow motion car crash.

"Hyatt Centric La Rosière will bring the Hyatt Centric brand concept to the French Alps, providing a cosmopolitan vibe inviting exploration and discovery for millennial-minded travelers who want to be in the middle of the action."

Exploration and discovery... clever.

But I am not a millennial-minded traveler. So... meh (for me).

Oh, and Bingo!