FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Riverwalk San Antonio, Texas [Master Thread]
Old Apr 28, 2004, 2:55 am
djev

Location: DFW - AA Platinum, SPG Platinum, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, PC Plt Royal Amb., Avis PS, FT Premium!!
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by quoxton
In welcome contrast to the Westin Galleria in Dallas, I found the above property outstanding across the board. Platinum upgrade to (what I think was) a suite, with a fantastic view of the Riverwalk area. Fast (and free) pressing of clothes, very effective concierge service. The hotel is modern and perfectly situated. Even at about $360/night I thought this was good value. IMO the Riverwalk area of San Antonio has a great feel to it -- not so sure about the rest of the city (the Alamo is fun to visit though). This hotel outperformed at a very busy time -- Final Four, the premiere of the "Alamo" movie, and an oil conference all in town at the same time -- full capacity. I give it a 9/10.
Were you given one of the corner suites? That's what we usually get, in July we have the Corner Suite with the BIG balcony. It's fun to count how many wedidings are performed almost right beneath you.

The only problem we have ever had is with the restuarant, I don't suppose that has improved? Holding my breath for a yes!