FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017-2019
Old Jan 18, 2017, 10:10 am
RobertHanson

Originally Posted by blueye583
I reviewed my credit reports and I should be at 3/24. Applied for Southwest Business Card last week, used EIN number if that matters, got denial letter today. Letter says "too many requests for credit or opened accounts with us". I did open a regular Southwest card in mid december 2016, I have three other chase credit cards from a few years ago (hyatt, ihg, disney). Total credit line from chase of $30,000. Credit score is above 800. Should I call for recon, any strategy recommendations?
From what you posted I don't get why you were denied.

Why would you not call? The worst thing that could happen is to not get approved, which is where you are already. There is the possibility of the CSR being somewhat unpleasant, but it won't be that bad.

Call several times and see if you can get someone to approve your app. If you have more credit on your current cards than you need, you might want to reduce your total Chase cl, and then wait a couple of days, before you call. I'd say only keep the cl you are likely to actually use in a billing period, plus $5K extra on only one card in case you need to move some cl to get approved. Although needing to move cl isn't as common as it used to be.