FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]
View Single Post
Old Jan 18, 2017, 9:26 am
The smallest state

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
Originally Posted by akcae
I wouldn't hold my breath for any big changes or reversals of what's been announced for WoH. According to the Hyatt CEO in the new Skift interview, they think the feedback so far has been "quite positive".

Somehow, by basing elite qualification on night or spend, vs. on stays, they think their loyalty program is an "engagement platform" for the customers that is "not transactional".

Yet, it is exactly specific transactions, i.e., each night's charge, that now gets you closer to the elite tier. I'm feeling so engaged...
This……….

This is exactly why I have decided to go to Hilton. This is exactly why I won’t be staying in North American Hyatt’s except San Francisco HR and Vancouver HR, which are both great, convienent for me and have balconies. It’s the crazy way this thing has been rolled out.

They keep spinning this WoH as some sort of lifestyle brand or service that embodies my interest. Now the corporate speak of “engagement platform” has been thrown around like WoH is a way of life.

This is a hotel rewards program. Stays = Points. Accumulated Points = Free Stays.