FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bring on Board... The exact rules on alcohol? BA allows it?
Old Jan 18, 2017, 9:08 am
Smid

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Bring on Board... The exact rules on alcohol? BA allows it?

On the buy onboard thread, I was told that BA allows consumption of alcohol brought onboard...

Now all I've ever been told on the subject is that its illegal in the uk. Basic google searches reinforce this, such as: What rules drinking on planes

I'm just talking about taking a 100ml container on in hand luggage, equivalent of 2 50mls drinks, a double drinks run on a pre BOB shorthaul run (my last FRA-LCY flight got me 4x50ms of this). Nothing disruptive, and indeed avoiding the uncorking of a full 750ml bottle from duty free...

Just to save paying the likes of £30 for drinks per flight for the two of us, a lot cheaper from the supermarket.

As the likes of google tend to show the prevalent posts on the subject, it's usually the prohibitionist stuff about the usual troublemakers necking whatever and the government trying to prevent this. So actual details on the law isn't forthcoming from that source.

To me the problems with BOB was never about the food. Who'd notice that going on the real shorthaul flights? Replacement with real food? Well, you buy whatever sandwich you really want from Boot beforehand anyway, that's what I do...