FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fairmont/Swissôtel/Raffles shuffle
View Single Post
Old Jan 18, 2017, 8:02 am
CanadaDH

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by resnick
I currently have no status on my FPC account. (It's been a while since I've stayed.) This year, I'm due to stay at a Swissôtel for 6 or 7 nights in March and at a Raffles for 7 or 8 nights in November. I've signed up for a Swissôtel Circle account, and I understand that Raffles Ambassadors is invitation only, so the question is: Should I have my stays count towards my Swissôtel Circle account or my FPC account? Is there any better benefit when it comes to my Raffles stay? If it makes any difference, I am more likely to stay at a Fairmont than a Swissôtel in the future, though no current plans for this year.
We have no idea what will happen to the programs in 2018 once the Accor merger starts to take effect. However, for the programs as they are today, I would credit them to Fairmont in your situation. Essentially, you can earn stay credits at all three brands, but the benefits can only effectively be used when staying at the brand your membership is with. Since you say you are more likely to stay at Fairmont in the future, then that's where I would want to credit them.

I will admit that I don't know that much about the Swissotel program. I've only stayed at a couple of Swissotel properties.