FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New SAA A330-300
View Single Post
Old Jan 17, 2017, 12:21 pm
jetboys360

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, BA Silver, HHonors Diamond
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jbalmuth
Many thanks!

I flew last night in 9K (SA223 from GRU -JNB) the bulkhead in the 2nd cabin, and it had a near perfect amount of legroom insofar as my legs had no restrictions either in depth or laterally. The cabin was also quite cool, which made use of the duvet quite pleasant.

There is, however, an unexpected downside to this seat, an acoustical aberration as far as I can tell. There are six metal galley cabinets in front of the seat but before the light/noise blocking curtain, and the normal use of these cabinets by the crew causes a loud BAM each time they are shut. The crew made use of the cabinets throughout the flight, and neither earplugs nor noise suppressing earphones were at all successful in diminishing the BAM. My wife, in 10K was unaware/unaffected by what sounded in 9K to be slamming doors --- it was really just one of those acoustical oddities that pops up every so often in newly designed environments.

The return flight in a few weeks is a day flight; we'll try the front cabin for that one.
I will be flying on the new Girl in December from Munich to JNB. Believe All of US this will appreciate it on here if you do a trip report with loads of pics on the new A330-300 when trying the front cabin... my current seat is 4A!