FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Berlin Service/Fees
View Single Post
Old Jan 17, 2017, 11:45 am
Alfonse

Air Berlin Service/Fees

Apologies if this is the wrong forum, but I was looking to pick AB travel experts opinion on the airline and on the options for awards.

I am looking to understand if AB is a full service airline or the Southwest/Sunjet/RyanAir/whatever your local equivalent is. I have found some info that seems to imply full service with multiple classes on overseas legs, however bargain brand with limited # of "comfort seats" but no real class sections and possible additional fees on intra-Europe legs. If there are any tips to booking awards with them, interested in that too. Sounds like from other threads, that may be limited right now

I am looking to fly with my wife NYC to BUD and PRG to NYC toward the end of June. AA partner award availability comes up with mainly BA, with a couple of trips or legs in itineraries serviced by AB. However with BA fees/taxes, it isn't worth spending the miles for Business class for me.

I am now looking at cash ticketing for just coach, and AB comes up with the best times/connections/flight duration. So I am trying to decide if I should just book through them.

No AA status I am worrying about transferring over.

Thanks folks!