FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2017 LAX Connecting / Connection / Connections thread
Old Jan 16, 2017, 10:11 am
Kieron

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jaesun
I am looking up flights at the end of april/early may, and one of the options is to fly from vegas to miami, via layover at LAX. But the layover is only 1 hr mand 10 minutes. They are on the same ticket, same airline (american airlines, flying on an A320 and a B777), and 99% sure we will be doing all carryon, so no checked baggage.

I believe this will be in the same terminal (T4, though i think they are also in T6).

Would 1 hr be enough? The Vegas > LA flight is an early flight (depart 7:15a) if that were to make any difference.
70 minutes between a pair of AA mainline flights should be fine. By then, the T6 operations will probably have finished their move to T5, and your Vegas flight may arrive there. The 777 to Miami could leave from T4 or from TBIT. All three terminals are in a row and connected inside security.

Worst case, you're looking at about a 15-20 minute walk from T5→T4→TBIT at a leisurely pace; if you're lucky and both flights are in T4, it'll only take a minute or two.

Even if something did go wrong with that connection, you're on one ticket and AA should be able to get you out the same day on a later flight.