FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What's the story with Tryp by Wyndham hotels and Melia?
Old Jan 15, 2017, 7:33 pm
mpk620

Programs: more than I care to list...
How the Tryp brand fits into Wyndham Rewards is just weird. They are ALL listed as Tryp by Wyndham hotels but there are only a small number that come up on Wyndham's site if you're searching for hotels. And even those that do can't be booked online and you have to call in to book. The Tryp NYC is the most known as it's one of only two Tryp hotels in the states. The other being in Atlantic City, though two more are slated to open this year - Fort Lauderdale and (VERY weirdly) College Station.

But if you look outside the US (Spain and France, for example, as that's where I've been looking) you can find hotels listed on Tryp's website, but almost none of them show in searches on the Wyndham site so you'd have no idea they even existed if you didn't search the brand specifically or find it on an OTA, etc.

Just baffling. Though again, I am glad they've at least found a way to make it possible to book these (even if it seems like they're practically hiding the option). Doesn't seem these were able to be booked back when Wyndham first acquired Tryp.