Old Jan 15, 17, 5:50 pm
edgewood49

Programs: AS Million Mile Flyer, Marriott LTPP
Originally Posted by Horace View Post
The ‘Okina, Autograph Collection shows as Marriott Rewards Category 8. You can already look at pricing at Marriott.com.

There are two other Rewards properties on Waikiki. The Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa is also Category 8. The Courtyard Waikiki Beach is Category 7. There are also four SPG properties; they should be part of the combined program in 2018, and you can already transfer Rewards points to SPG.

Yep! Kuhio Avenue, although a fair distance away from the Waikiki beachfront, is getting a lot of attention from developers.

As noted in this thread, the ‘Okina, Autograph Collection (2299 Kuhio Ave) is an older hotel, reflagged but thoroughly renovated. I like how the developers are treating its 1960s Hawaiian Modern design aesthetic as an asset, not a liability.

Hyatt Centric Waikiki Beach (2255 Kuhio Ave) is adaptive reuse of the former Waikiki Trade Center, a 22-story office and retail building,

Ritz-Carlton Residences Waikiki Beach (Kalaimoku St at Kuhio Ave) is a new-construction 38-story tower.

The International Marketplace (on the same large block as the ‘Okina, Autograph Collection) has just been transformed from a scruffy collection of merchandise kiosks and food counters to a fancy shopping mall. They kept the wonderful old banyan tree.

Thank you for your rundown I have been doing business in the islands since 1975 in the construction business use to know all the players but that has changed a lot over the years with equity Capital flying in!! Plus my wife is front Honolulu

My observation was just that there appears to be movement into the older core of the off beach area near the canal. I think we all agree the CY was and still is a failure. In the old days that flay would never have been let.