FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I need your advice on how to deal with an awful flight experience
Old Jan 15, 2017, 5:42 pm
cb1111

Thanks guys. I know that the briefer the better but I gave you guys the blow-by-blow so that you can see the full extent of the issue.

It seems that airlines are using the "weather delay" for most any delay so that they avoid time-out issues.

As far as compensation is concerned, I think the following is reasonable. What are your thoughts?

We were denied boarding once, and my mother was denied another boarding, so that is three involuntary boarding denials (all obviously getting us to our destination over 8 hours late).
While the first hotel night was (according to American) weather related, the second night was an American issue and at least that should be reimbursed.
Finally, American should reimburse us for the extra wheelchair attendants over and above the three that I would normally have used.
Finally, they should do something to reimburse us for the delay. Any ideas what they should do?

I used to fly AA regularly and frequently, but recently have been racking up the miles on United. We only flew AA this time because I erroneously thought that going via DFW at this time of year was safer than flying via Denver.

AA has an opportunity to redeem themselves.