FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Should I get the Citi Prestige to complement Chase Sapphire Reserve?
Old Jan 15, 2017, 2:28 pm
choff5507

Originally Posted by patrick.barnes
I carry all 3 cards. My primary use of TYP is SQ or Flying Blue redemptions. Qantas points are worthless.

MC also have better exchange rates for a lot of currency pairs.

My last trip to Sydney was a SQ Suites award there, and a Virgin Australia business award back (through Delta via a MR transfer).

My next trip will be in UA F award SFO-AKL and back via UR points.
I appreciate your response. I already have access to SQ and Flying Blue through UR so that would be doubling up and not extending my options.

Is it difficult to find round trip award tickets in business or first or should I plan on perhaps booking on different airlines coming and going?

I asked also in the Starpoints forum about the SPG Amex, it seems that the responses I got make it uncertain about what will happen with the Marriott merger.

Outside of the points, it seems like the Citi Prestige would be hard to not make money off of with the 4th night free promo but wouldn't really change what airlines I have points for.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you end up finding availability for that SFO-AKL award and how many points did you spend on it?

TIA