FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gold/Diamond Breakfast at Hilton family properties (master thread)
Old Jan 15, 2017, 12:42 pm
serpens

Palmer House a Hilton Hotel, Chicago, IL
Gold
Continental buffet in Lockwood Restaurant (on lobby level)
Full breakfast available for $6 upcharge
I did not update the wiki. Nothing I report contradicts the wiki, except that the upcharge for a full breakfast is $6 rather than unspecified.

The continental breakfast buffet specifically excluded all items from the hot line, which included bacon, sausage, french toast bread pudding, pancakes, and two other items. Also, I was told that the upgrade to the full buffet would include the option of a made-to-order omelette. The oatmeal was in the hot line; while I recognize oatmeal is hot, I think of it first as a cereal and would have expected it to be with the cereals.

The cold breakfast included many types of boxed cereals, cut fruit, vanilla and plain yogurt in bulk, cottage cheese in bulk, greek yogurt in individual serving containers, four types of sliced bread plus cold waffles (and a toaster, of course), and multiple pastries. (One day, the pastries included scones, which were really good.) There were also two types of salads plus salad side dishes, an option that I have rarely seen at breakfast.

For what it's worth, the Lockwood menu listed the continental breakfast at $19 and the full breakfast at $26.