FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ongoing offers for Delta American Express cards
Old Jan 14, 2017, 12:12 pm
bgriff

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Delta Reserve sign-up offers?

Curious if anyone is aware if any particularly lucrative Delta Reserve card sign-up offers have ever been offered in the past, particularly including a decent amount of MQMs?

I have the Delta Platinum card for the MQD waiver & MQM bonuses, and with how common affordable first class fares have gotten I am tempted by the first class companion certificate on the Reserve (plus the slightly better MQM bonus earning rate). But it would be nice to get a decent sign-up bonus at the same time.

I can't find any evidence of there ever having been any notable sign-up bonuses on the Reserve card, though bonuses on the Gold and Platinum seem to come up once a year or so. Curious if I'm missing anything? Anyone know of any private offers that have ever come up or if there's any value in calling Amex and asking if they have anything special available? Given the one-bonus-per-lifetime policy I'm wondering if there's any advantage to waiting to apply.