FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Royal Orchid Sheraton, Bangkok, Thailand 2007 onward [Master Thread]
Old Jan 14, 2017, 8:55 am
UASPG

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Originally Posted by 2lovelife
I stayed at this hotel for a decade and breakfast was always available in the restaurant. The last GM put an end to that. I remember me and my guest being asked to put our forks down and leave. And the management at the time couldn't see anything wrong with it.

These days, the hotel is just fine. The staff are great. The rooms ok. And, the view as good as ever.

They still don't have any furniture in the lobby, which made things awkward during the conference there earlier this week.

But, I heard that breakfast will soon be permitted in the restaurant downstairs, again for Platinum members.

I stayed over a dozen times here last year. If Plat breakfast comes back, I'll be moving my business back here again, for sure.
I don't think that major changes will happen at the ROSH before Marriott is able to reach (or finalize) a deal to sell its shares in this property.

Since Keith Hardie is gone and has not been replaced yet, the HM might be able to take some initiatives to bring back Platinum and repeat guests. One of them could be the breakfast downstairs (which, for what I recall, was not the greatest experience when groups were in the hotel) or things like complimentary pieces of laundry.

She could reach out to them by email to announce the (eventual) improvements.

As far as the lounge is concerned, let's not forget that it is now shared with SPG Amex cardholders. That Starwood deal with Amex certainly does not help to maintain a good level of quality on the 27th floor.

Last edited by UASPG; Jan 14, 2017 at 9:06 am