FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex Identity Protection Team
View Single Post
Old Jan 14, 2017, 5:45 am
dukerau

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by GoGreen
I received a letter from the Amex Identity Protection Team re my biz plat card that I got a few months ago via a conventional link. I've spent the 15k organically and received bonus. But have not tested to see if points are frozen.

Anyhow the letter says:
"We're writing to you because we're required to get some additional information that we may not have on file about your business. We've tried to reach you by phone but have been unsuccessful. We have a specialized team available to assist you. Please call us at your earliest convenience at 1 866 648 6163. Thank you for your card membership. We look forward to continuing to serve your business."
(I haven't received any phone calls from them or if they called they did not leave a message. The only phone number I've given them is a cell).

What the ?? Must I call? Is this just a ploy for them to try to sell me services? Should I xfer my points out (if they're not frozen) and get the heck out of Dodge??
Amex often calls new business card account holders to ask if the business is engaged in money services or related industries. I got the call once, and there were just 4 quick questions.