FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Klaus K Helsinki, Finland [Left Design Hotels & Bonvoy Jan 2020] [Master Thread]
Old Jan 13, 2017, 9:22 am
Immortalist

Programs: HH Diamond, RC Platinum, SPG Platinum, SA Silver, OW Ruby, TSA Pre-Check
Thumbs up

I visited Helsinki for the first time last September and stayed at this hotel. Let's just say I really regretted not checking in earlier because this was one of the best hotel experience I've ever had. Friendly staffs, and I got upgraded from the Passion Mini to the Envy King (which is pretty much a junior suite) without any SPG status (booked through hotels.com). Looking at their website, they also have a good variety of interesting rooms and suites.

Overall, the hotel was pretty cozy, but for me the highlight was the breakfast. I've had plenty of hotel breakfasts, be it at executive lounges of other hotels or club lounges at Ritz-Carlton, the breakfast at Klaus K seriously put them all the shame. The buffet was an actual feast, with your typical hot food, to cheese, to local delicacies and homemade yogurt and jam. It's no surprise that their breakfast had actually won awards! And I didn't even know the hotel was part of SPG when I first stayed there, but now that I know, that's going to be the hotel to stay the next time I visit Finland.

Last edited by Immortalist; Jan 14, 2017 at 12:17 am Reason: Got the names of the rooms wrong