FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Macao Hotel, Cotai Central, Macau [Master Thread]
Old Jan 13, 2017, 9:14 am
Immortalist

Programs: HH Diamond, RC Platinum, SPG Platinum, SA Silver, OW Ruby, TSA Pre-Check
Thumbs down

Stayed there for the first time this week as part of my attempt to complete the platinum challenge. So far, pretty disappointed and annoyed, actually.

Pros:

1. They brought me additional bottled water without fuss
2. Standard room is pretty spacious, and mine had a decent view of Parisian Macao and Studio City

Cons:
1. Check-in line at the main lobby was very long
2. SPG counter closed 30 minutes before actual closing time, the staff ignored me initially and then told me they're closed
3. At check-in, was told that I had to pay MOP 1000 / night stay of security deposit (keep in mind my nightly rate was only MOP 827) even though I had paid for the entire stay well in advance. We were eventually able to come to a compromise where they locked the mini bar
4. They tried to sell me a promotion claiming if I do their "Upgrade Your Stay" program where I booked a spa, I could be upgraded to Executive or Deluxe Suite. Turns out the upgrade was only good for one night, which they did not state anywhere on the website or their initial email to me, this was only revealed when I checked with them on the details and logistics
5. The executive suite link stated access to club lounge, and turns out club lounge does not apply because this would be a complimentary upgrade due to the spa package. Once again, this was not mentioned anywhere and this was only revealed when I had called and asked about the details
6. I emailed and gave (very polite) feedback about this, informing them that these T&C should be stated up front AND also on the website because it was otherwise rather misleading, and that other guests may not take to this very well
7. They emailed back, completely ignored my points and said their staffs had already explained the package to me over the phone
8. Experience at the cafe downstairs was also very mixed. Spoke to one of the servers in English, and when I realized she couldn't understand me, I switched over to her native language at which point she proceeded to ignore me at first and then gave me false information about my query (I knew it was false because her answer didn't make sense and I had to validate with another staff)
9. Staffs also conveniently neglected to inform guests that SPG guests could enjoy 20% discount AND earn points for spending USD 10+

All in all, this stay had been one of the worst stays so far. It's like they don't even try. I rarely give bad reviews but this one is that bad. Once I get my status, I won't be staying on this property again.