FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences 2017
Old Jan 12, 2017, 6:14 pm
MrOscarh
Suspended

InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?
Spire Royal Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay
Yes, very

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked and received two-bedroom Club Ocean View villa

How are the rooms?
Large villa, two-storey with living/dining on top floor and two bedrooms and ensuites on lower floor. Larger bedroom has King bed and smaller two singles. Both floors had large decks, upper floor deck with loungers, table and chairs, day bed. Elegant Thai style decoration throughout.

The dining table seated eight. Large wall unit contained minibar, storage for cups and glasses, Nespresso machine (can't remember the brand but similar to Nespresso). Also included a wine fridge - chargeable. Additional to the minibar were a selection of 20cl spirits, only available once as RA amenity.

Also received a complimentary bottle of wine from the GM, as I had known him from IC Singapore.

How is the exec. lounge?
No lounge but Club provides free return airport transport, breakfast in restaurant or room, afternoon tea and evening cocktails. Afternoon tea and evening cocktails are accompanied by a small selection of canapés delivered to the table.

What was good and what was bad?

Good
- Outstanding service and attention from staff at all levels. Only one minor hiccup with room service, which was corrected promptly.
- Views are spectacular from the reception, lobby lounge and outdoor Air Bar
- RA treatment excellent (I knew there would be no upgrade, did a deal on price)
- Minibar included 20cl bottles
- Good wifi

Bad
- Nothing. Some people might not like the need to go everywhere by buggy due to the hilly layout, but they were plentiful and prompt.

Value for $ or IHG Rewards Club Points? Would you return?
I chose an expensive room but would definitely say we got value for the money. Yes would return.