FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Bangkok {THA}
View Single Post
Old Jan 11, 2017, 5:51 pm
eponymous_coward
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Matthew_22
I have a visit coming up at the end of the month I am now feeling apprehensive about. I used to stay here as a diamond every couple of weeks and (almost) always received excellent service, frequently with great suite upgrades and also being recognised by many members of staff, which I always feel is a nice, genuine touch. However I haven't been back since the massive dilution of paper HHD's, and it sounds like they've hit this place hard, so it will be interesting to see how things compare now. I have certainly tempered my expectations downward.

If things really go south, are any of the Hilton's worth a shoot? I did always like the sound of that tall one by the river.
You're in a market (Bangkok) where inexpensive "5 stars" abound. Quotes used because Mandarin Oriental and similar aren't going to be inexpensive, but 5 star business hotels comparable to Conrad for $100-200 USD? Nooooo problem.

Case in point, I did a trip to Bangkok and stayed at the Vie Hotel MGallery, spent for a suite upgrade, net cost to me per night was $125, included buffet breakfast, right on the BTS, easy connection to the ARL.

I'd treat it as an opportunity to be outside the box of loyalty.

Millennium Hilton is nice enough and very convenient for tourist trips up and down the river, but why limit yourself? Also, you'd expect paper HHDs to hit all the Bangkok Hiltons, no?