FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2015-19 AA Guide: MIA / Miami International Airport, MCT / Connection, etc.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 4:15 pm
vandesa

Programs: AA PLT LT & 2MM, HH D, MAR PLT EL LT
Arrow AA Guide: MIA / Miami International Airport, MCT / Connection, etc.

Arrived in MIA from an international flight on Sat, now it was a day after the FLL shooter incident, so I don't know how that impacted things. But Getting to Global entry was even an issue.

There was some construction that limited access to the entrance to the halls that lead into customs, plus customs was all backed up. We walked for at least 7 mins of solid line, 5 people wide, just to reach the front of the queue to access GE which was open. You had to push past people who were bottle necked in the terminal getting into the customs line. As there was no side aisle for GE folks to walk through.

Crazy just to get to that point, then waited for over an hour to get my bags out in baggage claim. Lucky my flight was 20 mins late, as I was going to TSA really slow precheck, at the time was flight was suppose to depart.

So if they are saying 1:35 mins as minimum time for international to domestic, I would say ONLY if you have carry on only, and only if NO backup in customs OR you have GE.

I asked the people near the front of the line and they said they were 3 hrs in the customs line.