FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: AA only (2017-2019)
Old Jan 11, 2017, 3:01 pm
s0ju

Originally Posted by mia
I think this will only add necessary complication. Right now this is a truly simple problem to understand. One purchase has generated two charges. Give AA some time to work out a process. This is a routine event, but it will become complicated if we start tinkering.
Yea, it's a simple problem, but do you think once AA figures it out, they will change what the purchase was coded as? Is that even possible? Everyone who got reimbursed seems like it was coded as misc, but for the ones who are having this issue, it's coded as, "Airline - Travel". They could fix the problem, take the duplicate charges off and we might not get the credit from Amex for the original one.

That's the only reason why I brought the refund up. If it was just a glitch for the 9th, then if we could cancel everything all together and once AA fixes it, we could go back and purchase the gift cards and it'll be coded correctly and we'll get the credit for Amex. I'm probably going to wait it out. It was just something that crossed my mind. If I get stuck with the 200, I'll get stuck with it. I plan on traveling anyways, so it'll just go towards that.

On the other hand, if AA does fix it and we never get the Amex credit from the first purchase, wouldn't we be able to go buy it and then get the credit afterwards for the second purchase?