FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cars at DEN
Thread: Cars at DEN
View Single Post
Old Jan 11, 2017, 1:37 pm
dwbf11
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by Closingracer
I read somewhere in there that there is and even before the recent one they stated there was a cancellation policy where you could be charged.
Yes, you read it in the thread where a few folks reported charges (which were later reversed), and again, none of this is confirmed, but all second hand or unique, market-specific situations.

The terms and conditions could not be clearer on this point, that unless in case of a rental being FBO there is absolutely no basis for a no-show charge. (From Section B(2)):

2. Rental agreements: Program membership does not guarantee your ability to rent vehicles from Administrator's affiliates or licensees. All rentals remain subject and subordinate to availability and any applicable qualifications and rental conditions.For example, the minimum age to rent may vary by country.See rental policies for renting location. In addition, all reservation requests are non-binding for the Member and the corresponding affiliate or licensee of Administrator. There is no no-show penalty for the Member(except Fixed Based Operator deliveries);the corresponding affiliate or licensee of Administrator is also not required to keep the vehicle available.
Emphasis mine. So again, I ask that you please do not spread unconfirmed rumors as fact, which are clearly refuted by the plain language of the master rental agreement. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to discuss this further but let's not further go off topic in this thread.