FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: AA only (2017-2019)
Old Jan 11, 2017, 9:50 am
Biggie Fries

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by mia
Improbable. Early on AA cancelled and refunded many gift cards due to security concerns, and the American Express reimbursements were not reversed.

If you use the online dispute form one of the choices is: I have been billed more than once for this transaction, and it displays this guidance:
Thanks for the info. We'll see how it plays out, but at least for today I can sleep easier. (Just wish I had a better place to sleep here at work.)

Except that: Even if Amex does not reverse the reimbursement, what exactly will I have been reimbursed for? The reimbursement will have canceled out a bogus charge for something not received. Bye, bye $100, times two (cards).

Originally Posted by giswqs
I called AA, and the rep told me that their system only shows one charge ($100), they cannot help anything with that duplicate charge. I guess I will wait for two more days to see if I can get the Amex reimbursement and then dispute the duplicate charge if AA does not issue refund.
Also very useful. Suggests that my imprecations against AA were ill-founded (at least in this case), i.e., that this is a billing issue emanating from Amex. Kind of amazing that they -- the charges -- look like actual (and distinct) purchases (not duplicates).