FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New RA qualifying criteria based on IC Revenue
Old Jan 10, 2017, 5:15 pm
scubaccr

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by BA038_Passenger
I tried to qualify last year but failed. I did 55 nights in IHG hotels with 24 nights in ICs at 7 different locations.

I was interested in my EQPs but forgot to look at them before the year ended. I just got an email from Ambassador titled 'Your 2016 travel at a glance' and I note that I had 237512 EQPs. I assume that equates to US$23.5K? So I would say that I was a reasonably high spender, but my night count was not high enough.

My first two weeks of 2017 have started 'well' on the qualification path. I've got 3 nights so far, with 2 different IC stays in Vienna and Miami. Most of my IC stays last year were from June onwards, so I am hoping that I might be able to qualify mid year. Who knows what the score is now with all these qualification shenanigans going on.
HadesNL qualified with 22/20/7 and us$20,000 ref two posts..... certainly on $$$$'s at IC the reason and suprise to some only 20x IC nights + IC Dining accounting for virually all the $20k spend.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27708462-post1382.html
Anguished scream!

Checked today and seem to have qualified for Royal (spire) Ambassador.
My stay pattern for 2016 was and booked:
IC Paris LeGrand 3n club room
IC Vienna 1n junior suite
IC Parklane 2n superior room with bogo
IC O2 3n superior room
IC Frankfurt 1n juniorsuite
IC Miami 4n executive suite
IC Toronto Yorkville 6n juniorsuite
Thrown in are stays at Indigo Edinburgh / Crowne Plaza Amsterdam.

Admittingly we spend some extra $ at hotel's signature restaurants etc .

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27709460-post1394.html
My spend was in/about 20.000 usd via private account. I don't have a corporate rate and book always under leisure profile. For example last IC Miami stay was total room rate $3000.

We did some "expensive" dinners hosting friends at Parklane/LeGrand/Miami/O2 so that might have tipped it - we charge everything to the room.