FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Altercation with airline manager @ CDG
View Single Post
Old Jan 10, 2017, 2:45 pm
Gayatri Sriram

Question Altercation with airline manager @ CDG

Hi, I had a strange and upsetting experience at the Charles de Gualle airport in Paris that I want to talk about.

I was traveling with a stop over in Paris. Because of delays, I missed my connection and had to spend some 13 hours in cdg.

My husband and I thought, wth, let's try for an upgrade. Maybe they'll sympathise. So we went over to the airline's manager to try and talk to him. He turned out to be just plain rude. I was quite taken aback, because he was blatantly rolling his eyes at us, sighing loudly, and practically scolding me. So at one point, it escalated to us both shouting at each other.

Long story short, I asked for his name so I can send in an official complaint about his behaviour. And here's the funny thing - he hid his name tag, and said the French law protects his identity!! I said but the French govt gave you a name tag!?

I then stormed off, while muttering "I got a picture anyway I'll find out who you are". At this point I was a fair distance away from the manager with his desk. He SHOUTED - "GET BACK HERE RIGHT NOW OR I WILL OFFLOAD YOU THIS IS NOT A JOKE I WILL OFFLOAD YOU RIGHT NOW".

I was flabbergasted, and frankly a little scared now, so I walked over. He damended to see my phone. I was bluffing anyway so I had nothing. No pictures or anything. He saw my pics and then sort of flicked his arm to shoo me away.

Now here are my questions - Was he within his rights to

1. Not give me his name
2. Demand to see my phone gallery
3. Threaten to offload me in this scenario

And what are my rights and recourse option?

Sorry if this is not in the right topic. Let me know if I should ask this question somewhere else. Thanks for your time!