FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NW Domestic First Class - Worst in the industry???
Old Apr 26, 2004, 10:49 pm
kidvintage

Programs: NW Platinum Since The beginning of Platinum- NW Million Miler
Originally Posted by HeelLaw
kid,

have you seen, or do you know of, any NW flights going out with empty seats in F and elite passengers in the back?

if not, how is NW restricting the ability to get free upgrades? don't you mean "restricting the ability to know 5 days out that I'm going to be upgraded?"
I feel your comprehension of this subject is questionable, so let me help you out a little:

The issue is NOT whether NW is REFUSING upgrades (with available seats) at the gate to deserving Elites. The issue is that NW is SEVERELY LIMITING the ability of Elites to get the upgrade space because of this new "R" class. "F9" gave a much better upgrade chance than "R4". This cannot be disputed.

A lot can happen in the five days leading up to departure: FC seats disappear through dishonest travel agents, CSAs give "favors", employees book last minute, etc...etc...etc...

All I know is that I have recently begun, since this whole "R" deal began, sitting in the back with $500-$700 tickets. This is unacceptable. If nobody speaks up about this, NW will get even MORE aggressive with their anti-upgrade policies. The line must be drawn......