FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J
Old Jan 10, 2017, 6:25 am
moreismore

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by DavidBRKLYN
I originally booked FLR-CDG-SGN (AF, VN), SGN-HKG (VN), HKG-AUH-DUS (EY).

Predictably, when Alitalia figured out their mistake they changed it to FLR-FCO-DUS.

...but it seems that the SGN-HKG and HKG-AUH-DUS journeys are still intact.

EY website shows full, updated itin with seat assignments.

Has anyone seen something similar?

If I make my own way from DUS to SGN am I still good to go for the return journey?

Has anybody successfully flown post-Alitalia correction?

No, not really.

Actually I don't understand how could you fly one way from DUS to SGN in the first place.

As far as I know, Alitalia did reroute most 055 stocks to FLR-FCO-DUS. And maybe it is not easy to do this, so you may find the inbound journeys are seemingly intact (actually they are not).

Mine was FLR-FCO-PEK, PVG-HND-HKG-DUS (055 stock), and was later rerouted to FLR-FCO-DUS, PVG-HND-HKG-DUS without any notice from Alitalia - the inbound journey seemed fine. I contacted Orbitz, Alitalia, and ANA respectively, as follows.

1, Emailed Orbitz.
The agent told me they could not do anything, it was Alitalia did all those rerouting arbitrarily, all without notification. Then he advised me to contact Alitalia.

2, Called Alitalia (Beijing), roughly three weeks ago.
The agent said,
a) it was an IT mistake (well, ridiculous, I won't buy it);
b) you fly the rerouted journey, or you apply for a full refund and they accept (the girl's voice was fine, but I didn't get a "SORRY" for this whole mess. Why would I have to accept the sneaky reroute? Why would I be the one to initiate a refund after they made all these mistakes and didn't even bother to notify me?);
c) Alitalia headquarters were preparing an official statement (good, I'd be glad to see).

I replied that I would like to wait for the official statement, and asked if the inbound journey still worked, if yes, I might still take the rerouted journey. She said the rerouted one only included a one way FLR-FCO-DUS, even though I could see the Asia-DUS schedules intact, they should not work.

3, Called ANA if the PVG-HND-HKG segments were fine.
The agent said yes, they were there, with seats assigned. I asked for a double check. She spent some time did that, and told me the segments were strange - with booking requests, but without a valid e-ticket number. That said, a valid segment needs both a booking request, and a workable e-ticket number, Alitalia had already ruined/fully rerouted those 055 stock tickets with some debris yet to be cleared up.

Waiting for Alitalia's official statement. Not even a slightest sign to show up.

4, Called Alitalia (Beijing) again, today.
The agent told me there was no official statement up to now. And I did have a hunch that they did not even bother to publish a statement, not when the travellers want it. Guess it's their strategy, seems they are hoping those who bought would soon forget it.
And some repeated lines same as I got three weeks ago, kind of implying they were innocent and did not know how to fix the mess.

Actually I am fine waiting for another several weeks or so, since my outbound journey is in June, and given the fare is really cheap and I could get a full refund anyway. But, I am very much confused by the measures Alitalia took - so they rerouted all the 055 stocks they could find in a sneaky way, and waited for those upset travellers to break the ice and initiate the refund process so that they could play innocent? And where is the official statement for all these messes? Come on, it's been weeks! Time will help them only if most guys who bought the tickets asked for a full refund soon after the case, or if Alitalia publish a proper statement to smooth the PR, if not, time will only deteriorate Alitalia.

Such an unwise PR case. They are just so good at ruining their own reputation. Or maybe they are just in bad need of liquidity?

Last edited by moreismore; Jan 10, 2017 at 10:55 am