FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NW Domestic First Class - Worst in the industry???
Old Apr 26, 2004, 8:51 pm
hooverer

Programs: AA, WN & many Hotels... avoids UA like the plague!
Originally Posted by Radiocycle
I think the Plat Elite Companion benefit is a great way of NWA saying "Thank You!" to the pax that fly them the most.

I have traveled an average of 2-3 times/year with my wife and I always give her my FC seat and sit in the main cabin, because last year Plat Elite's companions (that were not elite) did not get upgraded.

I really appreciate this benefit.

TC
Indeed the upgrades are a nice perk, lets us forget that this is all they are. I think perhaps we come to assume and expect the upgrades, perhaps given some of the fares and the amount of $$$ we have spent over the years. However, they are not guarenteed and I have missed out annualy from being at 100% and accept the couple of times a year when missing an upgrade, or, changing a reservation at the last minute and gaining a seat on a full flight only to be put in back. I take it as my chance to re-qualify and stay current at being exit row qualified and main cabing qaulified. On the other hand, after over probqlly a thousand flights of being upgraded, the novelity has warn off.

For those who dont think NW 1st class domestic service stacks up to the others, great, that the fantastic things about our society, you can express that. Likewise, if you dont like the service, please with all due respect, fly on another carrier that is better than NW so that the rest of us have a better chance at an upgrade. I treat the NW service as you get what you pay for and am satisfied with it. I'll gladly take the NW service for what it is as it is what I expect and am used to in exchange for NW protecting all of the miles I have in bank vs. the alternate better service on other carriers and my miles that might be in jeopordy with those carriers.

BTW - If you want to really experience service that puts the U.S. domestics all to shame, get on any European flight within Europe weather in BC or not. Want an real experience, then do an SQ flight in Raffles or 1st.

Best wishes and upgrades to all, and to those who dont - Hooverer