FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC No Longer Allowing Nexus as Sole Basis to Enter Canada?
Old Jan 9, 2017, 4:46 pm
keitherson

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by ffsim
On the contrary, please stop with unhelpful platitudes in saying that people should travel without their passport.

As with much in life, it's not the rules that matter but how they're enforced. And one of the most fundamental covenants of international travel* is to have your passport with you. It's that simple.

*Let's put aside international travel within the Schengen region for the moment.
And since when did anyone in this thread recommend people travel without a passport?

Like I said, as I have noted multiple times before in this thread, that sometimes you do not have a choice. And that a NEXUS does qualify as a travel document for international travel within and between the US and Canada, whether recommended or not.

It's also great to know that the rules clearly state that NEXUS-only travel is permissible, whether or not the rules are enforced. The rules are on your side even if some people might not be.

Originally Posted by BlueMilk
Uh... if travelling to the US? Yes. Yes I am.
Thanks, your advice was really helpful. Maybe we can make a thread about how people should always travel to the US with travel insurance, even if you can travel without it.