FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences 2017
Old Jan 8, 2017, 4:40 pm
TravelTheWorld66

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
IC Cleveland

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes, very.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked cheapest AAA rate and was upgraded to a Junior Suite.

How are the rooms?
The room was very modern, sleek and clean. The door opened up into a living area with a couch and TV, and then there is a separate bedroom with oversized bathroom.

How is the exec. lounge?
I was given access as an RA but I didn't have the chance to enjoy it.

Did you receive a welcome gift?
Besides the upgrade and club access I was given a $40 credit towards breakfast, either at the in-hotel restaurant or room service. I utilized it for room service which was nice. However, I was still responsible for paying tax and gratuity even though my total including both was only $34.

How was the minibar?
The minibar was weak. No champagne or sparkling. A few bud lights and heinekens. Red and white wine, but those small plastic type bottles they serve on airplanes. And just a few nips, maybe 6-8 of them if my memory serves me right.

What was good and what was bad?

-Good
The overall RA treatment was great. Access to the club and the $40 breakfast credit was a nice surprise. I also liked that this hotel has in-room movies, which is becoming a rare RA benefit these days.

-Bad
The minibar was boring. And the ironing board is mini. It's maybe a third of the full length and is meant to be used on a tabletop I think. As a 6'6" man it was a bit frustrating trying to iron my pants.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
Decent value at sub $200 nightly rates.

Would you return?[/QUOTE]
Absolutely.

Last edited by TravelTheWorld66; Jan 9, 2017 at 8:05 pm