FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GVA--flying Polaris but told I cannot use Polaris/1K line
Old Jan 8, 2017, 12:59 am
bocastephen
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by AeoNKiNG
Just got to the Swiss lounge at GVA finally!

Got to the United check-in area and saw three lines: the general, premier access, and 1K/Polaris. I am Gold but flying Polaris so move to the Polaris line, which is empty. Wait there for 30 minutes while I see the general and premier lines help about 10-15 people. No one has even looked in my direction. Finally I decided to walk up when an agent finishes and he asks for my boarding pass. He says "you are gold, you must go to the back of the line for premier access." I said "But I am flying Polaris, isn't this the Polaris/1K line?" He says "No this is the 1K line and you are gold." Thankfully a manager happened to overhear this and she told him "he is flying business so he can use that line." The agent once again said "but he is gold, he just cut in front of these other premier members."

Am I wrong to be frustrated with this agent's lack of understanding that a Gold member flying Polaris can use the Polaris line? And also the fact that the Polaris line helped 1 person in 30 minutes while the other lines were sometimes even completely empty?
Please write this up with customer care - the agent was completely wrong, and the fact they argued with a manager is even more troubling. Sounds completely clueless, and worse, can't even connect the dots in a logical way. Anyone flying Polaris can use the Polaris line - their status is irrelevant, they don't even need to be a MP member!