FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amanresorts Thread 2017
View Single Post
Old Jan 6, 2017, 8:45 pm
callmedtop

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by vienna-resident
Aman 2017... so far, a very disappointing experience. We're on a 3-week Bali & Beyond trip, and what was supposed to be the vacation highlight of the year will probably be our last Aman experience for the time being.

I'll write a detailed report after returning home, but what started very promising at Jiwo (thanks to Ian W who was temporarily on site) turned into our worst-ever Aman experience at Dari (too many service issues to mention, from massive housekeeping issues to a completely ignored birthday). GM and most senior staff were absent when we arrived and only returned the day before our departure. GM Jann H is a very likeable person, but clearly has no idea of what the Aman experience should be like. Now we're at Wana where I'm sitting in the tent waiting for them to set up an umbrella for the sunbeds which so far has taken 60 minutes (and counting) and 2 phone calls. Also here, GMs and chef are on vacation. The manager in charge is doing is best.

Communication between the resorts in non-existent (they all have the same old address on file, address my wife by their maiden name, don't remember any preferences, etc.). The loss of old those long-standing GMs in now really starting to show. Worrying, worrying...
Very, very disappointing. Sorry to hear about your experiences. We are planning on an Indonesia Aman honeymoon in 2018, so hope things turn around by then.

That said, my mother and her best friend just came back from Amandari and only had positive things to say.