FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PresidentialPlus credit card - Benefits, Q&A, .... (impact of 2019 & 2020 MP changes)
Old Jan 6, 2017, 1:47 pm
Baze
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lensman
I think the PQD waiver is connected to the PQMs that PresidentialPlus card holders receive. It's not a benefit on it own.

Still, it is nice and I am sympathetic to one's desire to have it as a benefit.

Note that the PQD waiver does not apply to the 1K level, just as the PP PQM doesn't count towards 1K qualification.
I am well aware that the waiver doesn't apply to 1K, but thanks for pointing it out to those who may not be aware. But if the club card had the same waiver I might have done a mileage run for the last 38xx miles to get Platinum and might have stuck with UA. As it is I will be Gold on UA, earned and Million Miler, and am switching to Alaska Airlines with my status match to their top tier, MVPG75K. So after 19 years of being extremely loyal to UA, only flying someone else if UA did not go there, I am switching. My first 2 flights on Alaska in November were very nice. One got upgraded free and the other received benefits in coach in my exit row seat.