FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Points continually not deducted
View Single Post
Old Jan 6, 2017, 1:09 pm
quartinsession

Points continually not deducted

Hi,

I've read a couple of previous threads where BW has not deducted points right away, but my situation is a little different and I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts on possible implications.

I got 60K BW bonus points when I signed up for a certain credit card, and I stay at the same BW fairly frequently so also earn bonus points for that and for using my credit card for various transactions. The 60K bonus points didn't come in all at the same time, so it meant that my points were in flux over a period of a few months.

During that time, I stayed at the same hotel a bunch of times using my points, not noticing that points weren't being deducted because I was new to the program and thought my bonus points for signing up to the credit card + using the credit card etc. were still accumulating. At some point though, I thought that I was being credited too many points so I started to look into the situation, and once I did the math it became apparent that this particular hotel has never deducted any points, and I've stayed approximately 6 nights 'for free' (ie I used my points to book the reservations, even though the same points should have already been deducted for previous stays).

Any thoughts on what could happen in this case? Could the hotel demand payment for these stays at some point in the future? Would you contact BW to advise them, and pay the total amount for the previous reservations?

The incident that made me look into the issue was that I stayed at another BW on points and the points were deducted the day of checkout. It seems to be an issue with this particular property.

Thanks for any thoughts.