FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ITA Matrix and AC reservations
View Single Post
Old Jan 6, 2017, 8:47 am
jasdou

Programs: AC SE
ITA Matrix and AC reservations

I generated a rather simple multi-city itinerary using Matrix ITA and used the link generated by Powertools to book on AC.com. I was able to fill in all the passenger information, select seats and enter my credit card details. However, AC.com told me something was wrong and that I should call in to complete the booking with the flight numbers and fare classes I had selected.

I called in, talked to a nice agent who tried getting me the same fare Matrix gave me and failed, claiming that the inventory had been sold out "3 minutes" before I completed my reservation, the last seats in those fare classes having been purchased by two ladies from what he could see in his system, hence why the website rejected my booking. The agent said the first two legs were now only available in high Flex (H) and return two legs were only available now in Latitude (B), nearly tripling the cost of the ticket.

I really doubt that the agent's system allows him to see that "two ladies" had just snagged the last seats "3 minutes" before me, but I could be wrong.

Initial routing was Jan 30th AC8909, AC7532 and return was Jan 31st AC2896, AC8926. Matrix ITA still shows these flights and fares as available. Thoughts?