FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New to Manufactured Spending? Start here(2017-2018)
Old Jan 5, 2017, 9:01 pm
CJS415

Programs: Elite status at local McDonalds, Carwash, and Post Office
Originally Posted by alliemaire1230
I want to meet the minimum spend requirement and I thought of a way to do it. I signed up for the chase business ink preferred for the 80k sign up. Could I buy like $5k worth of stuff at Nordstrom and then return a year later. What would happen to the sign up bonus points I earned? Would they take the whole thing away or just 5k worth of points? Nordstrom has a very very good return policy (Bloomingdales too). If you don't touch anything they will return at any time to the tender you purchased with.
Transfer or spend the points before you plan on returning the items, and then plan on never opening another Chase account again, especially if you only plan to get that card for the signup bonus and never use it for regular spending. You don't think Chase won't look at your spending habits when you call to cancel and then realize you returned the stuff and already used the points. Good luck with that plan.