FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Consolidated Compensation Thread [2017]
Old Jan 5, 2017, 8:13 pm
emika

Programs: UA
Last month my flight was cancelled, forcing me to stay overnight and I managed to leave earlier than my guaranteed flight by standing by for an earlier flight. Received around 6k miles the next day but that's not why I'm posting here now.

I discovered yesterday that United didn't quite get the memo that I traveled standby and canceled my ticket but luckily I saved my boarding pass & a lovely note from a FA (I'm Deaf so she was writing down an announcement for me and confirming my communication preferences) from the standby flight. UA told me to go to an airport with my pass to get my ticket reinstated which I'm doing so now which is an inconvenience due to SFO being a 3 hour round trip from where I am now. My return flight is on a holiday weekend and I have to leave/arrive at a specific time which is why I'm getting it sorted out now instead of arriving at the airport very early on the day of travel.

I plan on asking for compensation of some sort to make up for the trip to the airport, do you guys reckon that I have a chance? No status but I'm a credit card holder.