FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CVS Master Thread(2017 onwards)
View Single Post
Old Jan 5, 2017, 2:28 pm
Mamibear

Originally Posted by danpeake
Those little victories feel really good, don't they? Had a similar experience at my local Safeway that switched to chip cards and brought back the $500 visa cards. Was told they only sell them to a maximum of $200 (yes, even though the card has $500 printed right on the front).

I called corporate, got transferred to the gift card department who called the store and informed the shift manager that they need to accept credit cards for these cards. Was told they'd send a reminder to the store manager as well.

It's one thing if you're trying to skirt the rules, but it's nice being reinforced that you're right.
You're right. For me, I choose my battles carefully and this store has been my milking cow for years now all because I don't fight with any store personnel, even Ms Sourgrape. Instead, I verify the policies with corporate and I'm so glad they respond immediately so they know me well. I don't even bother to complain about Ms Sourgrape making up her own rules, which can put her in trouble, for sure. I am just prepared for all her 'tricks' to stop me from buying my GCs. At the time there were no limits to how many GCs one can buy as long as your mode of payment goes through, she said ONLY ONE per customer per day to get a rise out of me. I still bought one with a and thanks. When corp came with the memo to reject all CCs for GCs, I'm sure she was doing the happy dance....but not for long. I was back with a vengeance soon as the signs were down and no limits. LOL

My good rapport with all cashiers has paid off and if I'm not sure of certain policies, I contact corp to clarify. I've never been disappointed leaving Ms Sourgrape figuring out what I do with my GCs. It's really none of her business, their store never had issues with my GC purchases over the years, she just has to curtail her envy since she can't figure it out.