FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Concierge Key / ConciergeKey / CK members lounge (master thread)
Old Jan 5, 2017, 3:06 am
anabolism

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by jmappleby
As far as I can tell when you call in to the CK line, you get similar Premium Services folks that you get when you call the EXP line. They're just as awesome as each other.
To clarify, all CK agents also answer EXP calls, but not all EXP agents are CK. To put it another way, in the RES agent hierarchy, there are domestic, international, resolutions, EXP, and CK (oversimplified, there are additional gradients). Agents can answer calls for their level and all lower levels. EXP agents have resolutions capabilities. CK agents have ACS capabilities.

Originally Posted by theYipster
While at JFK waiting out an MX on my flight to London, I called what I thought was the EP line and when the agent answered he said Concereige Key Desk. I didn't think to ask if I had made it, and now I am left wondering...

Thinking about the several calls I made today to AA for various reasons, no one said EXP desk... everyone else just said their name and how are you Mr. Yipster... is this a sign?

Has the CK desk been known to answer non CK calls or is there a chance I am in the club? How can I find out for certain?
Yes, CK agents answer the EXP line (see above). In the old days, agents would prerecord a greeting snippit such as "American Airlines xxx desk, this is yyy," where "xxx" was "Resolutions", "Executive", "Concierge Key", etc., and the system would play the appropriate one, even though it was the same agent. Now, it's up to the agent to speak live, so not all say the right thing every time.