Old Jan 5, 17, 12:01 am
Azmordean

Programs: UA Gold, SPG, Hyatt
Upgraded to F yesterday for my flight from IAD to SFO, was on an A320. Glad I upgraded, with weather issues and headwind, the flight was over 6 hours in the air. Flight was scheduled for and we got Lunch even though we ended up not taking off until 430pm due to weather delays.

No printed menus as far as I could tell. Service from the FA was good though. Frequent drink refreshes, etc.

Started off with the warm nuts and drink.

Next was bread and an arugula salad with feta and watermelon that was quite good.

Main was either salmon or chicken or vegetarian -- I wanted salmon but they were out. When FA got to my seatmate and I, there was only 1 chicken and 1 vegetarian left. My seatmate had food allergies, so brought her own food, so I dodged a bullet and got the chicken dish. UA should really load enough dishes so a non-vegetarian isn't potentially faced with being stuck with only the vegetarian option.

The chicken was a BBQ chicken type dish, and was good -- relatively tender, with nice tangy sauce. Veggies with it were surprisingly good. Wine was good.

Dessert was mango sorbet and was very good. Then later on in the flight, they served a warm chocolate chip cookie, that was excellent.

Overall, I was very pleased with the flight. Attentive FA, and the food while not gourmet, was quite good. Then again, I very rarely fly F, so I don't have all that much to compare it to!