FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA ZRH-SIN (Premium Economy) $599 Weekend Same-Day Turns 2.88 CPM
Old Jan 4, 17, 10:58 pm
NomadNick

Programs: AA PLT, AS MVPG, WN CP
Originally Posted by bivinco View Post
Is this triple Avios promotion also available to the East? Thought as previously only on Trans-Atlantic routes. Thanks for feedback.
I left the triple Avios promo out of my original post because my initial understanding was the same as yours. But after reading again here, I think the TransAtlantic part they are referring to is just for AA, IB, and AY codeshares between Europe and North America that are ticketed as BA.

Their language from FAQs:

'Do I get triple Avios on other airlines?

Yes, you will receive triple Avios when you fly with our partners American Airlines, Finnair and Iberia, only on flights between Europe and North America and where the flight has a BA prefix flight number.

You will also receive triple Avios on all domestic and regional BA (operated by Comair) flights within southern Africa.

Reward flights are excluded
.'

Also, other sentences on that page seem pretty clear as to the global applicability:

'For a limited period only, you will receive triple the Avios you’d normally collect on every British Airways flight you take, including flights with a BA flight number between Europe and North America with our airline partners American Airlines, Finnair and Iberia.'

One very important point to note is that you may need to be registered for the promotion BEFORE booking to make sure it posts correctly.