FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JetSmarter - discussion and experiences
View Single Post
Old Jan 4, 2017, 5:47 pm
dval44

To answer my own question, here is an article I read yesterday on SeekingAlpha with an excerpt here:

In a recent interview, I spoke at some length with CEO Petrossov about his vision for JetSmarter.

So far, the company has perfected the capability to move its members safely and efficiently from point A to point B.

Petrossov wants to expand the vision of JetSmarter to develop a 'social network' that not only moves members between destinations but also provides them with unique, curated experiences at those destinations and the ability to create new friendships or business contacts in the process.

Petrossov calls it "Country Club 2.0". In the past, members would have to join a club and go to it for benefits.

Now, with JetSmarter's concept, the country club comes to you, delivers you to your destination, provides unique experiences and the ability to connect build relationships with other, like-minded individuals.

The company is in the process of building out partnerships with major brands, restaurants, nightlife establishments and other relevant operators in the cities that it travels most to.

In addition to expanding to Asia and South America, plans include adding turboprop flight operations to provide additional flight options and possibly a lower membership price tier for shorter distance travel needs.

JetSmarter appears to be in the lead in developing its Uber-like capability for the private jet transportation vertical.

If it can succeed in developing global coverage along with a defensible offering of services and social networking to its premium membership, the company could be a potentially high-value acquisition target for Uber or other transportation companies.

JetSmarter certainly has the resources to expand its reach and add value to its membership.

Now, it's time for Petrossov and his team to execute and create his vision of 'social aviation.'

http://seekingalpha.com/article/4033...tation-network