FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Where are the replacements for the Canon SX60 and Nikon P900?
Old Jan 4, 2017, 5:34 pm
Error 601

Programs: No single airline or hotel chain is of much use to me anymore.
Where are the replacements for the Canon SX60 and Nikon P900?

My Canon SX50 has become flaky over the past year, often becoming unresponsive or reporting memory card errors on brand new cards. There is also a noticeable deterioration in the backlighting of the display and a stuck green pixel that frustrates me a lot more than it should.

I almost bought an SX60 last Spring but dithered recognizing how long in the tooth it was. I looked at the Nikon P900 just because the girl at the camera store insisted I look at it, but it too was more than a year old at that point but I was intrigued by the App based functionality. I am however skeptical of the non-creepy applications for the super-zoom.

I instead bought a Sony DSCH400B because it seemed to have strong specs for the price and a slight improvement over the SX50 but I really disliked it and returned it.

I had hoped CES would bring announcements, but nada. Canon just announced a new PowerShot Gs and some video camears. Nikon announced an entry-level SLR and two kid-range Coolpix.

Yet stores have told me that both models are in short supply.

Any theories on this?