FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Club Europe to be introduced on UK domestic flights [launches 01 April 2017]
Old Jan 4, 2017, 11:09 am
simons1

Originally Posted by sheppy26
Hi Everyone,

I'm curious as to what might happen in my scenario, and wondered what your thoughts were - I am looking to book a flight from EDI to LHR at the beginning of April and have the option of either paying cash or avios on the preferred flight. I have just done a dummy booking and it looks like a mid-haul a321 has been rostered as the front CW cabin is available to me to select seats. This would be nice as I would be travelling with someone for who a proper business class style seat would be something that they would not normally experience. My concern though is that if I book and select the seats now, and BA subsequently introduce Domestic CE before the flight, will we be booted out? Would method of payment have any affect on this? I am pondering that any introduction wouldn't happen before Easter as it doesn't give them very long to market the new service etc and to get punters sucked in? Any thoughts?

Cheers

Sheppy
Booted out is a harsh way of putting it, however if it's sold as a 2 class service and you only have a Y ticket I would expect you to be 'relocated' to the seating for which you have paid.....

You might be OK though, I would be surprised if the UK Business introduction happened by then. Apart from 1 line in an investor presentation I don't recall hearing anything about it.